Monday, December 08, 2008

Not bad

if I say so myself. I was in Louisville Ky. all week. We left on Saturday after Thanksgiving and got home last Friday. Now, this show usually packs the pounds on me. There just isn't enough physical labor to burn off all the great food there. There are just great restaurants that have great food. Famous Dave's BBQ, Smokey Bones BBQ, Longhorn Roadhouse, you get the picture! I just can't seem to say no to these places. Anyways, even with all that, I only gained 2 pounds this week. Which I will take.

This week it is back to the grindstone! Water all day, one can of pop at lunch and dinner, Tuna and turkey sandwiches for lunch! Oatmeal and turkey sausage for breakfast. This food I can eat. I actually like what I am eating. sometimes when you try and lose weight we eat stuff we just don't like. And I get burned out quick on salads all week. So this is awesome.

To all of us that are trying to lose weight. KEEP IT UP, and DON'T GIVE UP!! When I look back and see all the times that I started and quit, it reminds me, if I had just kept up and didn't quit I would be thin now and much more healthy! Lets do this!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a tip from my trainer that has helped me: eat spring mix (baby greens) rather than lettuce. Lettuce creates fluid retention. My ankles hardly swell up since I switched.

I have a few other tips. Just let me know if you want them. I don't want to hog your comments.

The whole negative mindset crept up on me this past week and weekend. By this morning I had reached, "why bother?" I went to the gym tonight and felt great afterward. It is a bigger battle with the mind than anything else.

Keep up the good work and great attitude! I'm praying for you.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Four posts in the same month? Ho. Lee. Crap!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Oh, and your self-control is admirable in the face of such yumminess. Keep it up, man!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

good job, steve!! that had to be tough, to say no!!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home